The Internet and Public Relations: Primary uses by PR Professionals
- Email distribution. To individuals and staff members; transmission of news releases, photos, and pinch letters to media offices; and dispatch and receipt of copy between public relations firms and clients.
- Blogs, Moblogs, and Vlogs.
- RSS- Really Simple Syndication.
Problems with internet:
- Biased Search Engine Results: Increasingly, search engines are prioritizing seach based on free payments from companies and organizations.
- Controversial security problems and legal questions of copyright infringement, libel, invasion of privacy, and pornography remain unsolved.
- Malicious and irritating practices nag at online users. The Internet offers many opportunities for spammers to clutter email channels with bogus or dubious offers.
- Astroturfing online.
Social media describes the online technologies and practices that people use to share content, opinions, insights, experiences, perspectives, and media itself.
All of the information in this post can be found in Public Relations: Strategies and Tactics 9th Edition