MY TOP 10 LIST for students new to blogging.
1. Post weekly and stay on top of assignments. College is a time where many of us procrastinate; don’t allow yourself to get behind on your blog. People will begin following your blog and many readers look forward to seeing weekly post.
2. Try to find videos and pictures that compliment your post. Blog post that are full of text can look bulky. Use pictures to break up long paragraphs or add a YouTube video that relates to your topic to add variety.
3. Title each blog post. Title your blog post with interesting and eye-catching titles. Some readers may not know what a T.O.W (Topic of the Week) is, so give a brief title explaining what your post is about.
4. Categorize each post. It is also very important to put your post into different categories. This allows readers to easily search through your blog and find what their interested in.
5. Make your blog unique. Use a theme that somehow relates to you, not just the automatic one that WordPress gives you at the beginning. Also make your title and subtitle compelling to the audience.
6. Reply to comments and comment on other classmates or PR professional blogs. When you reply to others blogs they will more than likely link back to yours and read your post. Networking is an important part of blogging.
7. Make sure to always use spell check before posting. Spell check can help you find even the smallest mistakes. Another tip is to write your blog post in Microsoft Word first and use the spell check there too.
8. Add personal post to allow readers to get to know you.
9. Keep paragraphs in your blog short.
10. HAVE FUN! If you are having fun with your blog you will most likely keep up with it!